Witryna

Liturgia na dziś

Kalendarz

Logowanie



 
Drukuj Email

CALENDAR OF THE PARISH
OF THE NATIVITY OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

CRACOW – BIEŻANÓW

1212

11 May

The first historic note on Bieżanów. The note tells about Radwan – the knight who returns the Bieżanów estates to his sister-in-law.

The village, being a property of a noble hitherto, becomes a property of the Cathedral Chapter in Cracow.

1236

The village of Kaim is included to the estates of the Cathedral Chapter.

1422

4 October

Establishment of the parish of Bieżanów, consisting of the villages of Bieżanów and Kaim. Erecting of a wooden church.

1636

Reconstruction of the church burnt in a fire. The new stone church was founded by Rev. Jan Fox, archdeacon of the Cracow Cathedral and the secretary to the king Sigismund III. The archdeacon in his will gave for this purpose all his possessions.

1671

3 October

Consecration of the church by Mikołaj Oborski, the Auxiliary Bishop of Cracow.

1772

Bieżanów, as the whole territory of the Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, also known as Austrian Galicia, subdued to the Habsburg Monarchy as a result of the First Partition of Poland.

1809–1815

Bieżanów belongs to the Duchy of Warsaw.

1815

After the Congress of Vienna, Bieżanów goes back to Galicia.

1848

Bieżanów ruled by Karol Humborg, citizen of Biała.

1873

Bieżanów under dominion of Berta Czecz de Lindenwald nata Humborg

1876

5 August

Rev. Józef Kufel becomes the parish-priest

1881–1889

Parish-priest, Rev. Józef Kufel enlarges the church: he adds two side-oratories and
a 27 m high tower in the Neo-Gothic style. A clock and bells are placed on the tower. The architect Karol Knaus, one of the most prominent restorers
of the 19th century, is the designer.

1884

Building of a parsonage designed by Karol Knaus.

1889

Parish-priest, Rev. Józef Kufel sets up a Peasant Choir.

1890

Performance of the Choir of Bieżanów in the Musikverein Hall in Vienna.

1892

The orchestra, organized by Paweł Flanek, comes into being.

1913

Rev. Maciej Jacaszek becomes the parish-priest. The parsonage is being renovated.

1914–1918

World War I

The bells and precious chalices confiscated by Austrians.

In November of 1914 the tower was demolished by Austrians to prevent its serving as the observatory and strategic site to the enemy. The tower was put down
to the height of the church roof. Later, when the war front approached Cracow, and the Russian army deployed their positions on the hills of Bogucice – Kaim,
the artillery shells smashed the church roof and the remnants of the tower. After the war, Rev. M. Jacaszek covered the tower with provisional roofing and repaired the church roof covering it with tiles. Later on, the tower was rebuilt to the height of the former clock setting, and topped with a cupola.

1922

Renovation of the  painting of Our Lady and  endowing it with a decorative cover.

1933

Priestly ordination of Rev. Julian Groblicki, the later Auxiliary Bishop of Cracow.

1939–1945

World War II

German invaders made numerous looting. Rev. M. Jacaszek, the parish-priest
of 1913–1951, had to rebuilt the damaged church and parsonage in those difficult times. He was an excellent pastor and preacher. He rescued parishioners from the hands of occupiers many times.

1946

Villains commit a sacrilege, stealing the crown from the painting of Our Lady of Bieżanów.


1951

A young student and priest Franciszek Macharski, the future Cardinal and Metropolitan of Cracow, lives in the parish.

1958

Renovation (crack smoothing) of the miraculous painting of Our Lady of Bieżanów,
a patron of railwaymen of Southern Directorate of Polish Railways (DOKP)

1960

Rev. Julian Groblicki – native of Bieżanów – is given Episcopal ordination.

1968

Congregation of the Sisters of St. Felix is brought to work in the parish.

The parish is vividly involved in peregrination of the painting of Our Lady
of Czestochowa

1970

24 October

Establishment of a new parish for the villages of Rybitwy and Przewóz, under invocation of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

1971

4 July

Cardinal Karol Wojtyła consecrates the chapel at the parish cemetery.

NEW CHURCH EDIFICE

1973

Bieżanów is administratively included into the boundaries of Cracow (district Podgórze).

Prelate (Monsignor) Marian Łaczek initiates the endeavour of the church enlargement. The attempts to build a new parish church are undertaken in 1974.

1975

21 April

Monsignor Marian Łaczek passes away. After his death, Rev. Antoni Sołtysik – formerly the vicar of the St. Nicolas’ parish in Cracow – becomes the parish-priest of Bieżanów. Cardinal Karol Wojtyła gives him the charge over obtaining the permission to build a new church in Cracow-Bieżanów.

1977

27 November

Approval of preliminary plans of the church enlargement.


1979

10 June

Pope John Paul II blesses the cornerstone for the new church during a ceremony held on the Błonia Park in Cracow during his first visit to his motherland.

9 September

H.E. Cardinal Franciszek Macharski blesses the lot for the church.

1980

8 June

The permission to build the church is obtained. The designer of the new church is
Mr. Przemysław Gawor.

23 June

Bishop Julian Groblicki (native of Bieżanów) celebrates the Holy Mass for the beginning of construction. Excavations under the footings start.

12 November

Cardinal Franciszek Macharski blesses the church ground-plate and celebrates the first Mass there.

1981

November

Rev. Adolf Chojnacki becomes a new parish-priest, while Rev. Antoni Sołtysik,
the former parish-priest, is appointed to St. Nicholas’ parish of Cracow. The church is topped with copper roofing.

1984

On the initiative of the parish-priest Adolf Chojnacki, a hunger strike against the cruel murder of Rev. Jerzy Popieluszko begins in religion classrooms (by 194 days 370 people from all over Poland were involved).

1986

Rev. Stanisław Lejawka becomes a new parish-priest, while Rev. Adolf Chojnacki is nominated the parish-priest of Juszczyn.

Priestly ordination of Rev. Mariusz Flanek.

7 September

H.E. Franciszek Macharski sets the cornerstone and blesses the walls of the new church building.

1988

Renovation of the painting of Our Lady.

1989

Rev. Piotr Sadkiewicz and Rev. Karol Szałas are ordained priests.

1990

Rev. Jan Wais becomes the parish-priest, while Rev. Stanisław Lejewka takes his seat in the parish of Krzeszów.


1991

Rev. Bogdan Markiewicz is appointed the parish administrator. With the enormous commitment of the parishioners, works aiming at full use of the new church start.

1992

Rev. Bogdan Markiewicz gets appointed the parish-priest.

1993

The purchase of new electronic organs.

Renovation and preservation of the old historic church. Renovation of a building next to the parsonage and setting-up a Catholic Cultural Centre “Eden” there.

1994

Rev. Aleksander Wójtowicz is granted priestly ordination

On the 10th anniversary of the martyrdom of Rev. Jerzy Popiełuszko, Mitrate Prelate Stanislaw Małysiak unveils and blesses a commemorative plaque (designed by
Mr. Edward Osiecki).

1995

4 May

Funeral of Bishop Julian Groblicki; his body is buried next to his mother’s on the Bieżanów cemetery.

1997

Onset of a new parsonage.

29 May

On the Feast of Corpus Christi the first Mass is celebrated in an emerging housing estate of Złocień

8 November

Canon Franciszek Jarosz passes away. He worked in Bieżanów since 1951.

2000

10–11 April

Celebration of peregrination of the miraculous painting of Our Lady of Jasna Góra
(of Częstochowa).

August

This month, after 3 years of construction works, the new parsonage gets operational.

2001

November

Works on the construction of the altar and interior decorations begin. The architect Bogusław Kulka is the designer while Eng. Edward Osiecki  is the contractor of the sculptures in the main altar.


2002

Installation of the altar, pulpit, statues of angels and the statue of Our Lady, donated by Mrs. and Mr. Jolanta and Paweł Włodarczyk.

2003

Making and installation of the tabernacle; the contractor is Mr. Krzysztof Wiatrak.

2004

Installation of the statues of saints and blessed ones; the sculptor is Eng. Jan Funek.

2005

Construction and location of the tower, plastering and painting of the church.

2006

Setting-up of the Chapel of Divine Mercy and its consecration by Bishop Jan Zając. Acquirement of the relic of Saint Faustina Kowalska.

10 September

The Grand Pardon Mass is celebrated by Canon Wojciech Wcisło (native of Bieżanów), rejoicing his golden jubilee of priestly ordination.

2007

Putting stucco on the walls of the church (the work of Robert  Włosik). Renovation of Stations of the Cross. Putting wooden panelling and polychrome scene "Baptism in the Jordan," whose authors are Anna and Edward Osiecki.

Beginning of application for a permission to build a new chapel in the housing estate of Złocień.

In the chapel of the Divine Mercy, the reliquary in the shape of the tabernacle, containing the relic of St. Faustina  is mounted.

4 June

Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz appoints Rev. Grzegorz Łopatka Ph.D., the vicar of this parish, and gives him a charge over setting a new parish as well as of building a new church in the housing estate of Złocień, Cracow.

In 2004–2007 the cemetery chapel was renovated, stone paving and the new streetlights were installed. A significant part of the electrical work on the premises of the parish was done by the company run by Mr. Jacek Kostecki.

2008

Putting polychrome scene “Resurrection”

22 May

Feast of Corpus Christi – on the site of the future chapel in the housing estate of Złocień, a solemn Holy Mass is held, followed by a procession to the parish church.

Illumination of the crosses on the churches.


2009

8 April

Approval of the construction project and granting the permission for building the chapel in the housing estate of Złocień. The architects Janusz Wieczorek M.Eng. and Barbara Jońca M.Eng. are the authors of the project.

21 April

Construction of the chapel, supervised by Mr. Richard Włosik, starts.

13 September

On the occasion of the Year of Priesthood, the Grand Pardon Mass is celebrated by jubilee priests, who were of the parish origin.

4 October

The first Mass in the walls of the emerging chapel in the housing estate of Złocień is celebrated by  Prelate Tadeusz Dziedzic with assistance of Rev. Bogdan Markiewicz and Rev. Grzegorz Łopatka, the  former being the parish-priest and the latter – the  organizer of ministry in the Złocień quarter.

17 OCTOBER

HIS EMINENCE ARCHBISHOP OF CRACOW,
CARDINAL STANISLAW DZIWISZ
CONSECRATES THE NEW CHURCH IN BIEŻANÓW

2010

April

The clapper of the bell “Stanisław “ got broken – casting and installation of a new clapper.

May–July

Six-fold flooding in Bieżanów – the Serafa river inundated many houses; the Serafa Valley Society comes into being and organizes help for sufferers

17 October

The first anniversary of the Bieżanów church consecration celebrated jointly with the golden jubilee of priest ordination of Prelate Antoni Sołtysik, who blesses the plaque outside the church.

November

Installation of 2 new stained widows in the chapel of Divine Mercy

2011

1 MAY

BEATIFICATION OF POPE JOHN PAUL II

4 December

The solemn consecration of the chapel in the housing estate of Złocień.

8 December

Rev. Jan Wais, who was our parish-priest in 1990–1992, passes away; he is buried in Rabka

2012

11 May

Inauguration of  the 800th anniversary of Bieżanów celebrations. The solemn Mass in the church and announcement of the decree of 11 May 2012.

7 June

Feast of Corpus ChristiThe Holy Mass at the historic monument on the hill of Kaim.

15 August

The decree of Cardinal Stanisław Dziwisz gives rise to a new parish in the housing estate of Złocień; the new parish, under the invocation of Blessed Priest Jerzy Popiełuszko, descends directly from our parish.  Rev. Grzegorz Lopatka Ph.D. has been appointed the first parish-priest there.

9 September

Pardon feast – the Holy Mass celebrated by Rev. Jacek Urban, Theol. Prof., Canon of the Wawel Cathedral. On behalf of the Cathedral Chapter he accepts the medal of 800 years of Bieżanów.

11 October

Inauguration of the Year of Faith

2013

10–15 March

HOLY MISSIONS PRECEDING PEREGRINATION
OF THE PAINTING OF DIVINE MERCY

12–13 April

Peregrination of the painting of Divine Mercy together with relics of Saint Faustina and Blessed John Paul II

11 May

Closing of the 800th anniversary of Bieżanów celebrations – the solemn Holy Mass in the church joined by setting and blessing the plaque on the new church.

2014

6 January

The 1st Three Kings Parade (Epiphany) from the parish of Nowy Bieżanów to our church

27 April

CANONIZATION OF POPE JOHN PAUL II

1 June

Children’ Day feast held at the parsonage.

17–19 October

CANONICAL VISITATION by H.E. BISHOP JAN SZKODOŃ


2015

6 January

The 2nd Three Kings Parade (Epiphany) from our church to the parish of Nowy Bieżanów

19 February

The 30th anniversary of the hunger strike – the dedicated symposium

1 June

The 2nd Children’ Day feast held at the parsonage

8 December

Inauguration of the Year of Mercy;

Beatification of two Polish Franciscans Michael Tomaszek and Zbigniew Strzałkowski;

Beginning of preparation towards the World Youth Days.